Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The New Arrivals - Chapter Five

Agnes was getting bigger and we took a break and watched some tv.  Something we had not done since we got settled.  We were both getting use to the fact we were going to be parents and couldn't wait.  I was so excited about the baby I kept feeling Agnes's belly to make sure it was not a dream.


We got the baby's room fixed up and it turned out really nice.  I even did a painting and hung it the room, kinda rough, but it was cute for a baby's room.


We had just finished dinner and Agnes was in our room reading and I was cleaning the bathroom, when I heard this terrible scream.  Agnes was in labor and yelling, lets go to the hospital.  Where I was raised, our people had their children at home, but I don't think Agnes thought to kindly of it.




I was freaking out, because I had never witnessed anything like this and I don't think Agnes  liked the pain thing to well.  After what seemed like eternity, our little bundle of joy arrived.  I again did a freak dance, because it was twin girls.  My father didn't tell me there would be days like this and sure didn't warn me about twins.  Now what.  Well, I didn't have time to worry about that now, mother and babies were doing fine.  One little angels name is Liang, which means, good, excellent in Chinese and the other angels name is Mo Li, which means, Chinese lotus flower.  They are two precious little bundles of joy and I know they are going to be handfuls to reckon with.


We snuggled and played with the girls for a while, then decided to put them in their cribs, which we had to hurry up and get another crib, because two little ones was not expected and had to rearrange some things.  Then I looked into Agnes eyes and fell in love with my dear wife all over again and told her how proud I was of her and looked forward to teaching our little ones as much as possible.


Then a thought hit me, what am I going to do about the Dynasty and how in the world am I going to choose which of my babies are going to be immortal, then I just remembered something in my fathers letter, firstborn, so I guess that would mean twins too, which would be Liang.  This is something that is going to haunt me for a long time and worse yet, how do you explain that to your daughters.  This is not going to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment