Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Letter - Chapter Three


Just as things were going really good, I got the letter.  It was from China and it was from my dad.  I hadn't talked to them since I left, so how did they know where I lived.  I read the letter and I thought that I was going to be ill.  It explained about the family heritage that I was part of, how generations of our family are deemed immortal.  It also explained that I was to be the immortal one and my child  and their children and so on.  This is not going to be so pleasant to spring on a new wife.  I was going to have to be very careful on how to approach Agnes, she could get grumpy at times.


It was not going well.  Agnes was not taking the news too well, but who could blame her.  I was still in shock.  She accused me of setting her up and not paying attention to the fact that I just found out and I even showed her the letter.



She was too angry for me to reason with.  We went at it for what seemed like hours.  She finally calmed down and then it hit her, she told me that if there ever was going to be two people that deserved immortality, it was going to be myself and our firstborn.

And then she got this sad look on her fact and I ask her "what is wrong".  She said "she never wanted to live without me".  I loved her more right at this moment than ever.

We really started making plans then, about how she would paint my portrait as a young adult and hopefully an elder because she already knew how to paint.  I figured I would go ahead and take up sculpting and gardening for ice sculptures and ambrosia so future immortals could be free for the other skills.  Actually, I was getting so excited about all of these new events in my life.  Now it just seemed like something was missing and then all of a sudden, Agnes ran from the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment