Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Wedding - Chapter Forteen

Today is the big day and I am quite sure no one slept too much around here.  It was still quiet in the house, so I went to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.  I looked out the window at the place where my daughter is going to get married and it is really lovely.  We were kind of short on money, but, Lieng said she loved it.  I was going to go talk to Mo Li, but her door is shut as usual and I didn't want to disturb her.  It was 9:00 am and the first guest should arrive at 10:00am, not too sure why the wedding is so early, but it is not my wedding.  Lieng came down from her room.  Sam had stayed at his father's house last night so they wouldn't see each other this morning.  Lieng looked a little nervous, so we chatted for a bit, then Agnes said she would help Lieng get ready.  It was almost time and I think I am more nervous than the bride.  Mo Li came out in a nice pant suit, not what I expected for a wedding, but I am not going to get my head bit off for saying something, no thank you.

The first guest arrived and Lieng was more radiant than a sunrise.  No body was sitting, which I thought quite strange, but lets get the wedding started.  These are the pictures with captions.
The rings

The Vows
You May Kiss the Bride

Couple Dancing
Leighton, Mo Li, Lieng and Agnes

After they were man and wife, I found Lieng and told her about her wedding present.  A trip to China.  She was really happy and asked if we were going too, she sounded like she really wanted us to, so I said, yes your mom and I would probably go.  I don't think Mo Li will go, she has not been in a real good mood lately, but we can at least ask.


This sculptures I did just for the wedding and the portraits Agnes did for the wedding.



After things had died down, I went inside to get something to eat, when I heard Agnes on the phone, say, "no she had not said anything yet".  I thought that was odd and when she hung up, I ask her who she was talking to.  She told me, not right now, it is not the time.  This is Lieng's day.  Keeping secrets is not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment