Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Teenage Years - Chapter Nine

What can I say.  I never thought in a million years, that if and when I left China, that my life would end up like this.  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  Lieng and Mi Lo have turned into beautiful and smart teenagers.  Lieng really took on my features,



and Mi Lo really looks like her mom,


Mi Lo goes to her mom for advice.  I am not quite sure on how to answer some of the questions these teenage beauties ask me as of yet, but I am learning.
Mi Lo getting advice.

Lieng with new friend.

Agnes is smart and seems to know all of the answers, but we still have to sit the girls down and have a talk with them.  We did learn that Lieng met a boy at school, his last name is Sekemoto.  She said he is dreamy, whatever that is.  I hope she leaves her options open and doesn't jump at the first boy she meets.  We tried to raise the girls with both of our values and they are interested in my heritage.  I just wish my parents could see the girls.  I think when they turn young adult, we will all go to China.  I would love to show them the Scholars Garden and the Temple of Heaven, I spent many a day just sitting and thinking, maybe I should have learned to meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment